You love me, you really love me! I am having yet another Sally Field moment.
I have been nominated for the R.E.A.L.I.T.Y. Blog Award.
Yup – super awesome – super exciting – and slightly unbelievable, were I not so crazy and in love with my meds.
A certain gentleman saw it in his best interests to pass some good karma on … and ‘Whoop, there you have it!’ So I got a much appreciated nomination from David at …
But first, as with any little test in life, there are questions to be answered – 5 to be exact. Oh, and I also have to give a heads up to about 8 other bloggers who earn their keep in the blogosphere.
Raait – questions first:
1) If you could change something what would you change?
Honestly – all the freaking re-runs on DSTV, in South Africa. It has become so bad that I have even lost interest in that show, nearest and dearest to my heart, ‘Toddler’s ‘n Tiaras.
Oh – and the economy – it really sucks to have your own small business right now.
2) If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
34-36 yrs – I was extremely skinny, successful and unashamed to prance around on the beach in a cozzie.
3) What one thing really scares you?
That I may have to liquidate my business next year. And that the sheriff of the court will come and take my beloved Kudu couch. But, hey – I have said that I believe in fate. So, if this does happen, I am assuming that it would only be to make way for better things in the future? I tell myself this, while I drink copious amounts of chardonnay.
4) What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
I want to get paid for a published few words. I know it is just a matter of time before editors around the world realize my creative brilliance and shower me with plenty of US$’s. Alternatively, I want to win the Lotto.
5) If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
The blonde chick in ABBA – a real Super Trooper.
Mmmmm …. Who else is worthy of accolades and awards?
I follow a varied collection of bloggers, who all speak to me in their own special way. So, yay, give them a nomination, too!!! Such as:
1) The Fat Diaries – loves the sound of her own voice, and a bit antagonizing at times.
2) http://easyweimaraner.wordpress.com/ – The world according to a Weimeraner (and I have 2) Good pic’s, dog logic – all rolled into one.
3) The Stiletto Mum – for keeping a ‘Secret Santa’ for bloggers and similar types – up and running for the 2nd year in a row. Can’t wait for my prezzie!
4) Bipolarmoms – Coz I know where you are coming from, sista.
5) The Vanilla Duck – what a freaking cool name – and she does stuff that is quite close to my domestic psyche and oven door.
6) Rebecca – Lady or not here I come. And that she does. Extremely popular, what with her WTF Fridays and Beccasisms. Funny as hell.
7) reluctantmom – Straight outta Parow. A bit anal at times – but really, the quintessential Mommy Blogger. Good photographer, when she feels like it. And has been to Franschoek
8) Androgoth – ‘cos he is a bit naughty. When you are on his blog, you get that same guilty feeling as when your mom caught you reading a Jilly Cooper novel during study time in the 80’s.
So there you have it – a selection from the Scratch Patch. Have a look, you may be pleasantly surprised, or frightfully revolted.
There’s a sleeping pill with my name on it.